Viral content is a huge boost for your brand. It gives you an incredible amount of free advertising and differentiates you from the competition. Below, we share five inbound marketing tips bound to help your content go viral :
5 Expert Inbound Marketing Tips for Taking Your Content Viral
1. Focus on Your Headline
If you want your posts to go viral, you must encourage readers to click and read them in the first place. This is why a strong and compelling headline is vital to the success of your content. Here’s exactly how you can build headlines worthy of clicks and shares:
- Use odd numbers in your headlines instead of even ones. Odd numbers generate 20 percent more clicks than even numbers do.
- Use plural keywords in order to boost your SEO.
- Keep headlines and URLs as short as possible. Shorter links generate more clicks than long ones.
2. Know Your Audience
If you want your content to be successful, you have to know your audience. 84 percent of people decide to share content because it’s a way to support something that they care about—therefore, you need to actually know what they care about. What problems do they face each day? What interests do they have? Develop buyer personas that detail this information to help you better understand your audience.
3. Create Lots of Content
Viral content has a life of its own, and the best crafted posts don’t always go viral. A lot of it boils down to pure luck and timing. Because you never know when content is going to go viral, you’ll need to keep following these inbound marketing tips, producing quality piece after quality piece. After enough hard work, one of your pieces is bound to take off.
4. Promote Heavily
Many businesses create their content, post it once or twice across their social media feeds , and wait for it to go viral. That’s not going to get the job done. You need to do everything you can to get your posts in front of other people. Some tips include:
- Mention influencers in your content and tag them on social media.
- Go back to previously popular posts and update them with relevant links to your new stuff.
- Set aside a significant portion of your content budget to promotion. Getting your content in front of more people leads to more shares.
5. Add Value
If you want to start creating viral content, you need to make it useful. An incredible 94 percent of people take the time to consider how useful content will be to their network before deciding to share it. Make sure you identify and solve major problems your audience may face through your content. If you’re able to pull it off, you’ll see more shares than ever before.